The old stables
The old stables is situated just off a quiet residential street in the medieval village of Dunster, which makes the perfect destination for families, couples and solo travellers alike. The home is smaller but still provides and all the amenities necessary for a trip away. The stables is close to the beach and in walking distance to many historic places of interest, great walks & wonderful food.
A stones throw from Dunster castle, the home has a private entrance off a tucked away courtyard (no parking). Inside the living area, there is a modern kitchen, well-appointed with appliances, a sofa to seat 2 (which also converts into the second bed), a small tv to watch Netflix etc or DVDs, and a small dining area (also with 2 chairs). Going through to the main bedroom there is a separate shower on the right of the hallway, a double bed and a WC and basin. (Please note the only access to the toilet is through the main bedroom and it has folding doors.) This room also contains a spacious wardrobe in which spares are stored above the hanging area.
We have a full size double bed in the main bedroom & can accommodate up to 4 guests, though 2 of these are on a 186 x 120 sofa bed. This is just shy of small double bed, therefore these spaces would be best suited for 2 children or 1 adult. (Two adults are more than welcome to sleep here but may find it slightly snug, please message before booking for 4 adults to confirm you understand this)
If you do not have the mobility to convert the sofa to a bed, or would otherwise prefer it pre-made, message prior to your stay.
Before you book:
- Please check the floor plan to make sure you are happy with the layout.
- 2 adults, 2 children or 3 adults are my recommended maximum guests.
- The tv plays dvds (we provide a few) and you can log into your streaming services, there is no satellite.
- Our lockbox is situated on the ground, so if you have mobility issues please note this.
- The stables is the size of two horse’s stables (26m2). Around the floor size of a double garage, and the length of two cars.
- Car parking is not on site. Though, depending on how busy it is, there is the chance of free on street parking throughout Dunster. There are also two Pay and Display car parks close by. Check out the “getting around” section for more information.
With a private entrance, you have sole access to the space, and everything inside. The home is also tucked away from the adjacent road, and well set back from the main A-road.
Please remember there is no parking next to the property as we do not have vehicular access over the courtyard. The courtyard is owned by the Foresters Arms pub (with whom we are not affiliated). Their beer garden is also accessed off of this area.
Other things to note:
We are more than 100% dog, cat and small pet friendly. Though, this should not affect any other guests as we carry out a deep clean after every guest leaves. If you are bringing them along, please let us know before you arrive how many and what pets you are bringing so we can prepare the home for them. Do note that the house is on the smaller side and we do not have private outside space if that is an issue for your pet/s. There are miles of walks very close by though, so dogs will never be too far from a toilet break!
• Dunster has little phone reception, so if you need to make calls etc I would suggest using wifi calling.
• The fridge is due to be replaced as the door opens the wrong way, it is still fully usable despite this.
• There are some exposed radiator pipes in the lounge which will be hot if the heating is on. Please be careful with children around these.
•You may smoke outside but inside is strictly no smoking. Smoking fees will be enforced if this rule is broken.
• The courtyard space is often occupied by cars from the pub opposite as they own this land. you will always be able to get through on foot but this may interfere with wheelchair access. Please send a message if you have any other questions about this.