The Old Priory Cottage
This picturesque and atmospheric 12th Century self catering cottage originally part of the Benedictine Priory is the ideal base for a relaxing break. It is attached to the main house with a shared garden.
There is a private courtyard behind a fig tree, with table and chairs, pot plants and a private access to the St Georges Church walled garden.
The front door opens into the sitting-room with original oak beams, window seat and a Victorian Log Burner in the inglenook fireplace. A door leads to the farmhouse kitchen incorporating an old fireplace, wooden flooring and oak beams. There is a large cottage stairway leading to the two bedrooms and a bathroom on the landing.
The cottage has been restored by specialist builders to remain as ‘authentic’ as possible. the decoration and furnishing are in the spirit.
The Old Priory Cottage would appeal to guests who enjoy staying in National Trust Cottages or Landmark Trust Cottages.
*The Cottage sleeps a maximum of FOUR Adults Only*
- Bedroom 1: twin with adjoining bathroom with bath
- Bedroom 2: double/twin with En-suite shower, and w.c
- Bed linen and towels provided
- inglenook fire place With Log Burner – Logs available at additional cost
- Gas central heating throughout
- Electric cooker and immersion heater
- Dish washer / Washing Machine
- Microwave cooker
- Small kitchen appliances including, toaster and Kenwood mixer
- Free WiFi
- TV & Radio
- CD & DVD player
- No Pets – As resident dogs here
Parking: Allocated parking is available in an open garage and unrestricted roadside parking.
The cottage is available from £550 – £900 per week (Friday to Friday).